Friday, January 2, 2015

Straripare 11-10-14

Cara Famiglia,
Well I sadly do not have a lot of time to write today. We went to Matera and we missed the train.... SO I am currently in Matera with very little time to write. SORRY!

I'll try to go through some highlights of the week.

Tuesday after English course we were FINALLY able to do a church tour with Luigi. We have been trying to do one since the beginning of September e finalmente ci siamo riuscite (you're gonna have to google that one). 

On Wednesday the sisters from Crotone came to see us So I got to a scambio and go see Sorella Pepe. And she likes me again! She even gave me a hand knit sweater!! YAY!

Another highlight was our lesson with Susy. Unfortunately she does not have a bap date any longer. She just isn't coming to church. But we were able to reteach the restoration and this time it really seemed to hit home. She was able to recount the story of Joseph Smith and she agreed to pray specifically to know if he really had the first vision. I am hoping that this will be the testimony builder that she needs. Also, Bishop gave us the names of some members to take to a lesson with her and I think that his choices were really inspired. I really want to see her progress more. She is amazing! She has so much faith amongst so many atheists.

Hmm... what to say in so little time? We had stake conference this weekend. It was AMAZING! All about hastening the work. And I got to see my old companion ex-sorella Fuller. SO that was cool. And then we had pranzo with the Armenise family on Sunday. They had nonmembers and less actives so that was super cool. I really love the people here. 

I have to say this whole ending thing is weird. Everyday gets odder and odder and everyday I want to hold on to the mission tighter and tighter. I love being a missionary. I love serving the Lord. I love serving the Italians. Definitely the best thing I have done with my life.

I promise to write a better letter next week!

The gospel is true, I promise.

Vi voglio bene!
Sorella Katie Francom


P.S. An old man told me that I am very intelligent, but that I need to be careful not to straripare (overflow). What?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment