Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bucket List: Sand, Boys, a Little Smoke, and a Lot of Chlorine

The last week has been full of bucket listing (yeah, it's a verb now). Sadly no pictures were taken, but I shall commence my written report.

Sand: 
We have all successfully played volleyball. I played in the sand and I'm pretty sure that there was sand all over my body for quite a long time afterwards. I had a lot of fun. I haven't really played volleyball since my stint on our ill-fated young women's team. I had forgotten how enjoyable it was. However, I had also forgotten how much it hurts your forearms.

Boys: 
Well we did it! My entire apartment manned up and asked boys on a giant group date. It was probably one of the scariest things I have ever done. Something about stepping out of my societally assigned role was just terrifying. Although, I will say that I have gained so much respect for guys. I do not know how they are able to ask girls out over and over again. At first you're scared that the person will say no, and then you realize that even if they say yes they could just be doing it to be polite! I often complain about girls' inactive role in dating, but now I am so glad I am not a guy.

However, the date went really well. Originally it was just going to be the six of us gals and our dates, but by the time the date rolled around there were 18 people on the date! The plan was to play games, have a picnic, have a bonfire, and make peach cobbler. And I guess that was what happened... but lets just say there were a few mishaps along the way. First we realized that we forgot a can opener. Luckily, one of the guys went all cavemen and became a human can opener. Then we realized that there was no butter for our cobbler (never put guys in charge of getting supplies). The peach cobbler took forever and a day to cook. So while it cooked we went for a walk. On this walk we were told not to exceed a speed of 3 mph and were warned of the illegality of trespassing dogs. Just remember trespassing humans are ok! Finally the peach cobbler was all cooked. Then we realized that we did not have enough forks. So basically we all went a little savage and dug in with our fingers or faces, whichever was our preferred utensil. All in all it was a fun experience that I will definitely remember for a long while.

A Little (ok, a lot of) Smoke:
When we said we wanted to have a bonfire I don't think we realized that we would be having at least one a week. Luckily, I love bonfires, they are so summery and they just bring me so much comfort.

A Lot of Chlorine:
We put swimming on the bucket list and let me tell we have definitely been able to cross it off. Over the last week I have gone swimming or hot tubbing at least every other day.  It has been a ton of fun. I love the water and I love that his been warm enough to be to be in it. The only problem is that my hair really holds on to smells, for like a week... So between all of this swimming and bonfiring I now smell like a pool set on fire or a fire put out with chlorinated water, take your pick.

I love summer and can't wait to continue finishing our bucket list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment