Sunday, February 5, 2012

Roller Coaster

Disclaimer: This blog is going to be one big ventage fest, so read at your own risk.

My life has been crazy up and down lately. I've let one small little bump in the road become a giant pothole. My emotions have been haywire and I've been falling behind. Sometimes I feel like I can barely keep my head above the water. It doesn't help that I am the busiest I have ever been!

However, there is also so much good. I am so blessed. I have a lot of fun and great people in my life. On Thursday when I was having a horrible day I prayed that someone would notice and help me out. I waited all day and nothing! On the walk home from work I decided to call my mom. She was able to give me practical advice on how to fix things. When I hung up the phone a friend was right there to ask me how I was. The friend didn't say anything earth shaking, but just knowing that someone cared was all I needed. Then I was able to go to an awesome BYU basketball game against Gonzaga. Nothing like screaming your throat to total dryness to cheer you up. Also, winning didn't hurt my mood either. After that I went to a friend's apartment and they just listened to me rant. Which was also needed. And finally I came home to a blog post from my dear roommate Briana that had a part just for me. It really made my night to see that someone noticed what I was going through. Thank you to all of the people in my life! You really do make a difference. You are the answer to my prayers!

We all use the cliche "life is like a roller coaster" to describe times like these. It's interesting that the exciting part of a roller coaster is not the ascent, but the descent. I love those butterflies in my stomach as I rocket down the track. Who doesn't? But in life we don't feel like that. Sure we get terrified, but we don't appreciate it. Today in relief society we had a lesson on President Uchtdorf's talk "Happily Ever After." In it he talks about all of the trials and adventures we go through. I never really think about my hardships as adventures, but I guess that's what they are. Sleeping beauty's adventure was hard. So was Belle's, Mulan's, and Rapunzel's. All of the great stories aren't easy, but they're exciting. As I face my challenges I want to try and think of them as adventures or drops on a roller coaster. I want them to give me butterflies and adrenaline rushes. I am going to try and enjoy the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment