Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Year in Review

Well it's done! My sophomore year at BYU is finished. It has honestly been the best year of my life. Sure, there have been some really low lows, but there have also been the highest highs. It's crazy to look back to what my life was like a year ago. I had just finished my freshman year and was preparing to go back home. I was completely reliant on a boy I thought I was in love with. I had a few really close college friends, but couldn't wait to return to my friends back home. Things couldn't be more different. Now I am about to face life as a college junior. I am staying in Utah to work at least until June. I have never felt more comfortable with myself and am honestly confident on my own. I have an incredible friend group here and am dreading the social life I will return to at home (I love my friends there. It's just that things have changed so much). SO to celebrate this incredible year I thought I would give a few highlights.

Highlight #1: Roommates!!!!!!!! This is probably the biggest highlight. I lived with five wonderfully fantastic girls this year. We had the occasional argument, but for the vast majority of the time we got along so well. I think that is quite the accomplishment. I just have so much fun with these girls. Everyday in our apartment is sitcom worthy. Gah! I am going to miss those of them that are leaving a ton!

The only good picture to come out of our photoshoot...

Highlight #2: 7th and 8th roommates. I am so grateful for our two honorary roommates. These two guys are incredible and really keep our apartment (at least me) grounded. Also, if it weren't for #7 I don't think my apartment would ever have had a social life.... So thanks Chad and Connor!


Highlight #3: The Quote Wall! My apartment is pretty darn funny.


Errrr, quote door?


Highlight #4: My ward! My ward this last year has been incredible. My freshman ward at BYU was not so great. My friends and I sat in a corner and were basically invisible. This year, however, my ward was awesome. I felt so included and really care about all of the people. You all made going to church even more enjoyable.

Highlight #5: Bridal Veil Falls hike. This was the first thing we ever really did as an apartment.


Highlight #6: Football games! Go cougars!




Highlight #7: Gangsta dress-up. This is the night I knew I would fit in.



Highlight #8: Potato cannon!


Highlight #9: Peter Pan Halloween! We won best group costume!


Highlight #10: N'Sync dance! I think we make pretty convincing men....


Highlight #11: St. George. BEST weekend of the year.

Highlight #12: The Bachelor- Chad Edition. Too bad I never finished it...


Highlight #13: Star Wars Party! You know you have cool friends when they will dress up as star wars characters.

Highlight #14: Festival of Colors!


Highlight #15: First concert ever! I love Fun.


Highlight #16: FHE movies. My film debut.


Well that's all for now folks! Thanks to all of you who made this year the "highlight of my existence!"






2 comments: