Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What Else Is There?

I feel that before I write this post I ought to explain that title. Kathryn and I have kind of maybe sort of become obsessed with "The Swan Princess" (stop that judging, right now). One of the best parts is when Odette asks Derek if he likes her for anything more than beauty. He of course responds, "What else is there?" And so that line has been stuck in my head forever!

Well SO much has happened since the last time I really wrote about anything besides my mission call. Like a ton. I haven't done a life update since February. That's half a semester to catch up on! Not sure it's possible, but I'll try to do a quick review.

So of course I am still going through a lot of Italy withdrawals. Although they might be fits of anticipation now... Luckily, all of the girls from my study abroad have been going through the same thing so we have had a LOT of Italy reunions. From pilgrimages to Terra Mia to Yogurtland to Bridal Showers to eating pizza at the incredible Settebello we've had some great times. I love those girls!! I am so sad that a lot of them are either graduating or leaving for the summer, but I am so glad for the time we have had.

Those who stayed late at our big reunion

At Jenna's bridal shower

Libby threw a Jane Austen party. Yep, my friends are awesome!

I have also learned to make homemade artisan bread. It is SO easy and wonderfully tasty. Did I really need an excuse to eat more carbs? My waistline would say no...

Can you say yum?

Beyond those few things this semester has passed in a blur of school, work, STRESS, and singleness. It has honestly been one of the most roller coaster-y semesters of my life! There's been some low lows and high highs. Some crazy adventures and some boring study sessions. I suppose that's college. I am just so grateful to have great friends to get me through it and listen to my endless complaints.

So this past week was finals and of course by Saturday I was in need of a study break. Fortunately, my friends were feeling the same need and we headed down to Moab to enjoy National Parks Week at Arches. Can I just say that I LOVE Southern Utah? On this trip we hiked through the Devil's Garden. Despite the name the scenery is actually quite lovely. I also discovered my future life. I would like to inform you that in my next life I will be reincarnated as a big horned sheep. I mean, COME ON! It would be so sweet. I could nimbly climb rocks, I wouldn't fear heights, and it would be socially acceptable for me to hit people with my heard. I'll let you know how it goes...

See! I said it was gorgeous.

My hiking buddies.

Doesn't look very devilish to me. Just sayin...

Double O Arch

So maybe we were too lazy to hike to Delicate Arch, 
but it is there in the background.

Well I am done with finals!!!! Wahoo! That means no school until April 2015! What, what?! I am psyched. However, the end of school also means the beginning of goodbyes. For some strange reason my friends all decided to live exciting lives this summer. They are going on internships, missions, and study abroads all over the world. WHAT AM I GOING TO WITHOUT THEM?!?! If you don't know this I'll be a little shocked, but I am horrible with goodbyes. I just feel like they end everything and that life will not go on. Although it always does. But this time I am saying goodbye for a LONG time and most of my friends are going to be graduated when I get back. Alas, I'll miss them. If any of you read this, I LOVE YOU. Y'all are seriously great (am I allowed to say y'all?). Ahhh change stinks.

That's all for now! Bring on summer!




1 comment: